The ramblings of a stark raving lunatic follow...

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Back in Singapore

So it's been just over 5 years that I've been back in my home country, and to be honest, it doesn't feel all that strange. Oh, sure, stuff's changed, building's have gone down and new ones have come up, but really, it's the same place I left. I got in this morning, local time (GMT+8, so 12 hours ahead of y'all in the DC area), at about 1.45am, an hour behind schedule. I don't plan on flying Northwest again, if I can help it. On a slightly tangential note, I couldn't help but think of the old NWA (Niggaz With Attitudes) each time I saw the Northwest logo.

Anyways, I wanted to thank everyone again who made it to the apartment for that shindig, where many people got to see me drunk for the first time. Not as shitfaced as I used to get, but pretty drunk nonetheless. Thanks for the gifts, the booze, and most importantly, the company. Had a jolly good time, as it were.

The blog's going to be hosted here until I manage to get a decent setup on this computer (or I get a new computer altogether, whichever comes first), after which I'll see about getting a custom blog up. There won't be many photos on display for now, either, since I stupidly left my hotsync cable for my Treo hooked up to the computer in DC. o_O Photos as soon as I can get them off my Treo.

Right then, I'm off.

4 Comments:

Blogger Myra said...

Tek!!

I don't know if you ever got my voicemail message on your phone, but in case you didn't -- I was saying I was sorry for not texting back the morning you left because I was in an impossibly long meeting that morning at work.

Anyway, WE MISS YOU!

*sniff sniff*

Write more on your blog so we can always be up to date on your adventures!

7:13 PM, July 20, 2005

 
Blogger Jason said...

Hey man! So sorry I missed you Saturday, but it was awesome hanging out with you last weekend. FWIW, the wedding was great! I ended up being the DD for the bachelor party! LOL! Anyways, looking forward to the next time I see you. Meanwhile, I've got a blog of my own, in case you didn't know. http://quix.livejournal.com/ See you around!

7:41 PM, July 20, 2005

 
Blogger G. said...

Sorry I missed your party! I was in CA on business. Hope you get back to DC safe, sound and soon! Take care and stay safe in Singapore!

9:13 PM, July 20, 2005

 
Blogger Praxis Loki said...

Well, that was quick. Keep us posted, and get some pictures up. Nice avatar, btw.

9:51 PM, July 20, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home