The ramblings of a stark raving lunatic follow...

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Ramblings

As, once again, I am unable to get any kind of sleep before four or five in the morning, I find myself musing about the impending start of life as a student. Maybe it's the back-to-school blues, but the prospect of being a student again -- effectively a freshman, no less -- terrifies me. The unfamiliar campus, the inevitable sea of unfamiliar faces. Then the realization hits me like a shit brickhouse. I feel like a fucking stranger here, in my own country, my own home. I feel displaced. I don't feel like I belong here. Then, I don't quite know where it is I do belong. I think I had a home once, not long ago, but that no longer appears to be the case. Not in the same way, anyways.

Goddammit that was whiny.

On an unrelated note, my inner redneck lives on. Ever since Cross Canadian Ragweed showed up on one of my stations, I've been listening to a whole lotta country (well, country alt-rock, anyways) on Pandora. Shit, I miss my CMT.

Cheerier update:
On an even more unrelated note, and because I hate to leave off with such decidedly unhappy thoughts. Getting shit for free is generally cool. But when the free shit is this impressive, well, see for yourself. 'Sides, it's B5. I wasn't aware of the original game before tonight, but it was apparently quite impressive as is. This update adds a whole slew of features and gee whiz eye candy.

4 Comments:

Blogger SwissMiss said...

Oh Sweety! *Big Hug* You know you always have a home here! :-)

5:31 AM, December 01, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, the whiny bit sounds very familiar...
Welcome to my world man. I'm right there with you. Maybe we can keep each other company?

10:03 AM, December 01, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm all for lotekk/yuriko slash

4:22 PM, December 01, 2005

 
Blogger LoTekK said...

Argh. You would say that, you perv. :p

5:51 PM, December 01, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home