The ramblings of a stark raving lunatic follow...

Friday, January 27, 2006

Messenger Live Beta

So I managed to snag an invite.

I have to say, this has got to be the shortest amount of time an app has ever survived on my HDD. I guess I shouldn't really be surprised at my impression of the app, considering my experiences with 7.5, but still. Wow. I mean, the main contact list window is huge. And the devs really need a lesson in UI implementation. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the primary purpose of a contact list is to display your contacts, ne? So how is it that I can size the window down such that only my own information, and a fucking adspace is visible?



Beyond that, I can size it down to miniscule proportions so that only my own avatar is visible. How utterly useful. And let's not forget the fact that it's still a goddamned resource hog.

They still don't have custom away messages, by the way. I recall a quote by one of the devs some time back on this, referring to that as a "power user feature." Yet, they have custom smilies, custom winks, custom every other fucking annoying thing. I mean, where the fuck are they finding these guys?

Trillian it is. I think total time from download to uninstall was about 5 minutes, maybe 10.
/me shudders

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home