The ramblings of a stark raving lunatic follow...

Monday, May 28, 2007

Millionaire Tycoon Bastard

Kiss the ring, bitch.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'll finish him up eventually (maybe do another variant or two while I'm at it), but I was itching to get back to the DS project (I gotta come up with a working title at some point).

Started putting together a test environment, just to get a better idea of the sort of per-frame polycount I can expect to be dealing with. The terrain is a hopeful at the moment, and whether the final product will be triangulated depends on whether the DS hardware will consider a non-planar quad as a quad, or a pair of tris (if the former, it'll help just that little bit with the DS' 2048 poly limit).

Did up a 2-storey (plus rooftop deck) house that's currently not very practical. I'll be adding rooms and whatnot soon enough. Currently the [vastly incomplete] scene stands at about 1250 tris (though mostly in quads, which will give me more leeway with the DS poly limit), and with occlusion and backface culling, between 500-700 tris (mind you, only a portion of the scene will be visible in gameplay, or so the plan goes).

A silly anigif showing the floors:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home