The ramblings of a stark raving lunatic follow...

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Your-site suckness (aka same old shit), and PHP on a USB Flash Drive

So your-site seems to have had some kind of catastrophic meltdown, or something, since I haven't been able to access any your-site hosted pages for the last 4 hours. Including their company page. o_O I seriously should get around to switching to Dreamhost. Like I've been saying for months now. Hopefully your-site comes back up soon enough, so I can at least grab a bunch of files that I don't have backups of. Grr. (If my avatar and the FireFox images show up by the time you read this, then those idiots are back up)

On a lighter note, I was checking out firepages, and they have a quick writeup on how to get a PHP site served off of a USB Flash Drive (Apache and MySQL backend). I can't even begin to describe how cool (and useful) this can be.

4 Comments:

Blogger Myra said...

Hey Teck! Not that this little post here makes any sense to me, but just wanted you to know that someone's reading =) Hey, you know, next time maybe we can cut back on all the compooter techie talk and focus more on, say, getting drunk on $100 dollar wines and bargain shopping! ;) Anyways, glad to read that you are doing alright these days. We miss you!

P.S. Hey -- our wedsite should be on your list of links =)

9:24 PM, July 25, 2005

 
Blogger LoTekK said...

Hey Myra, good to hear from ya. :) I actually don't have any of my bookmarks, and the URL I thought I remembered wasn't working. Howzabout a linky for me, so I can add it? :p

10:08 PM, July 25, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi LoTekK,

I'm a DreamHost customer who just found your blog.

If you haven't signed up with DreamHost yet, you might want to take advantage of their Summer Promo.

6:13 PM, July 26, 2005

 
Blogger neal said...

This is how you can serve websites out of your butt...no really! I saw it done on that Screen Savers show.

10:26 PM, July 26, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home