The ramblings of a stark raving lunatic follow...

Saturday, December 31, 2005

First time for everything...

...and last night wasn't one of 'em.

Hit up Ministry of Sound with some mates last night, and first thing they said to me when I got there was "hey! Tonight, you're gonna hit on five strangers!" The disclaimer being that neither of them had ever done that before either. Yeah, thanks guys.

Anyways, that proved quite the failure. I spoke to a grand total of three strangers, all with the help of friends, and two of those strangers were friends of friends. And my wingmen were fucking useless. Goose played the "I'm already dead" card, Iceman just bought round after round of drinks, and Hollywood just sorta disappeared.

Had a proper conversation with one of them, at least, but my ride decided to drag us out after she had gone to the bar for a drink, meaning I never got her number.

But, good times. The place was huge, with different rooms housing different music and, by association, different crowds. The R&B room was a little strange, though. Quite probably the only time I've ever walked into a crowd and been able to see over everyone's head. Yeah, they were that short. o_O

And now to figure out what the hell I'm doing going into 2006. Happy new year, guys.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy new year ya crazy cat!

12:46 PM, January 03, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um... that was me (way to use the preview...)

12:47 PM, January 03, 2006

 
Blogger LoTekK said...

Happy New Year, man. :) What'd y'all do this time round? Didja do the limo thing again? :p

12:33 AM, January 04, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my dad was still helping me move; it was about 2 days into the 3 day move :(

11:45 PM, January 06, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah, happy new year! *kiss*

11:45 PM, January 06, 2006

 
Blogger LoTekK said...

Well dayum, that kinda sucks. :\ I dropped $50 and got free flow of finger food and red wine for several hours. And then two of the guys opened a bottle of bubbly each. :)

Happy new year, dude. :)

4:23 AM, January 07, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home