The ramblings of a stark raving lunatic follow...

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

It Can't Rain All the Time

So, free of any sort of work-related shackles (still pretty pissed off about the website ordeal), I spent some time today catching up on various sorts of tech news, in particular getting back up to speed on the whole Sony DRM debacle. Reading through the comments on one of the entries on Mark Russinovich's Sysinternals Blog, the name Jane Siberry caught my eye. Haven't listened to her stuff in a long time, but I remember being utterly enraptured the first time I heard "It Can't Rain All the Time" on the soundtrack to The Crow. Anyways, she's offered all of her tracks on a "self-determined transactions" pricing scheme. That includes free. Just figured I'd point that out. No restrictions on the files, no DRM schemes (intrusive or otherwise), nothing. Just beautiful music.


Oh it won't rain all the time.
The sky won't fall forever.
And though the night seems long,
your tears won't fall forever.

Oh, when I'm lonely,
I lie awake at night
and I wish you were here.
I miss you.
Can you tell me
is there something more to believe in?
Or is this all there is?

-Jane Siberry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home