The ramblings of a stark raving lunatic follow...

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

More Art Spammage

Been helping out with a couple projects. One of them involves reworking the original head textures from OpFlashpoint to fit the new texture layout used by a new community-member-created head model. Since my own head model was developed to fit the new layout, I figured I might as well jump in. So after getting the textures laid out properly, and removing the seams, I decided to start upping the details on some of the major characters. Here's the main bad guy's texture on my custom head model:



And an updated shot of the journalist mesh:



I've also been helping out the ADF Mod (Australian Defence Forces) for OpFlashpoint. Textured a couple kangaroos for them before Christmas. And now I'm modelling a damned ARH Tiger. Being that I've never really ventured into complex mechanical modelling (since I primarily focus on organic modelling, or relatively simple mech modelling like firearms), I think this is turning out okay. This here's about 12 hours of work over the last two days:



Still got a bunch of optimizing and detailing to do, but all in all, I'm pretty damned happy with the progress. Texturing it should be interesting, but I'm not really looking forward to the unwrapping.

edit:
Got plugged again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home