The ramblings of a stark raving lunatic follow...

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I might be getting a coffee bitch?

Quiero Tenerte says (6:07 PM):
oiii...not heading home yet?
LoTekK says (6:08 PM):
heh, just about to get my shit packed up
LoTekK says (6:08 PM):
you?
Quiero Tenerte says (6:08 PM):
im home!!!
Quiero Tenerte says (6:08 PM):
woo hooooo
Quiero Tenerte says (6:08 PM):
hahha..

Nice way to end the work day. o_O

Had a shitty start to the day today, with Photoshit deciding to be completely uncooperative and deciding not to let me save my work (it refused to even quit gracefully, for crying out loud). After which point the day picked up considerably. Apparently the bosses have decided to cut short my already-short probation of 3 months, by an entire month. Once the end of the month hits, I'm off probation and get my employee benefits (leave, medical, etc), not to mention a pretty healthy pay jump. My boss seems to have plans for me to really step up my level of responsibility, and even alluded to getting my very own assistant somewhere down the line. Woot.

Anyways, gearing up for the Microsoft Game Developer Day in a few hours (why the hell am I not sleeping?! Oh, right, got myself completely hooked on Meteos). Anyhoo, should be pretty neat, with big shots from the US and Japanese Gaming divisions at the big M, covering everything from XNA to XBLA, to Vista. Being that the focus seems to be primarily programming, production, and distribution, I foresee myself being one of the few artists in attendance (though there might be some art director types around). With the print shop screwing up my namecard order, I'm up shit's creek with only 15 namecards left (and I was all chuffed about giving out my purdy double-sided namecards, too).

No matter, the mohawk should help keep me memorable enough. I'll likely be showing off my folio stuff on my DS as well, even though the Treo actually has a better screen (not to mention colour depth), simply because it'll certainly be different. It's all about the standing out tomorrow. Looking forward to the networking session at O Bar right after the seminar, too. Hmm, I wonder if I can claim drinks from work.

Now I just gotta figure out I'm going to juggle all these newfound freelance opportunities that seem to be coming my way.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Kimmel said...

The politically correct term is coffee beyotch. :P

10:14 AM, September 26, 2006

 
Blogger marlon.art2 said...

Haha, shit Tekk I should visit your blog more frequently!

11:01 PM, September 26, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

movin' up in the world, diyaaam

12:12 AM, October 11, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home