The ramblings of a stark raving lunatic follow...

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Silo fun

After much procrastination, I finally got around to purchasing a license for Silo a week or so ago. Better yet, it was a license transfer from an old user, which left me eligible for the 2.0 betas. The poly-modelling tools in 1.42 and the new betas fucking rock. There are still some workflow things I miss from my beloved Wings, but overall, some really nice tools. The displacement painting in the new betas is simply icing. But damn, that's some sweet icing. The speed improvements for displacement painting in the most recent beta are ridiculous. I still can't orbit or pan for nuts once I go past a quarter million polies, but the actual displacement painting is just butter.

Piccy. Need to work on the likeness (especially the jawline, I reckon) a little more.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Sometimes you just gotta roll a hard six."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home