The ramblings of a stark raving lunatic follow...

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Oh. My. God.

Bit of a dilemma, though less so after a lot of thought, and a lot of sounding off against friends. I've been with Cylon for three months now. They treat me very well, but the work has been draggy. Very very little in the way of creativity, just lots of following developer and publisher instructions to the letter. Making sure TMs are in the right place, making sure legal text is correct. That said, I was prepared to stay on, do my stuff, at the very least get the casual games brand up and running, and self-sufficient.

Then today, around lunch, I get a call from a studio I had applied to early this year. I managed to meet with the Creative Director, who I had a short email exchange with when I applied, and he had actually bloody remembered me after all these months. I also know their senior artist, and am acquainted with one of their concept guys. Anyways, I got along great with all of them, and the CD basically gave me an open invite to visit the studio to take a look at what they were doing, as well as to say hi to the gang. See, that's what I assumed today's call would be about. Then they went off and offered me a position.

Okay, granted, I'll still need to interview and do an art test, but I've been told I'm pretty high on the list, since the CD likes my work, and we get along well.

So. The dilemma comes from the whole loyalty aspect, being that Cylon's treated me very well so far. Though my sis did have a pretty good response to that concern:

In these times, with our generation, who's loyal?"


Ha. Fair point. I think I'm going for it. I just know I'll be kicking myself if I don't jump at this opportunity. All I gotta do is make sure I don't burn any bridges as I leave (assuming I actually get the job).

*fingers, toes, and eyes crossed*

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have it right there. Just leave amicably and it's a good move. Just let Cylon know that this is an opportunity to do work you're more interested in and that better utilizes your skills and you need to take the opportunity.

Oh, and congrats! (assuming you get it, but I bet you will!)

11:28 PM, November 09, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude. your sis is right, and kinje is also right, don't burn bridges, but if you like your current, let them know your dilemma. congrats, in any case :)

2:42 AM, November 10, 2006

 
Blogger LoTekK said...

Thankya, still keeping my fingers crossed fer the moment. Only one of my colleagues knows about this offer, and she knows well enough to keep it on the dl.

12:21 PM, November 18, 2006

 
Blogger Praxis Loki said...

I think everyone here is saying the right thing. I mean Cylon has done well by you, but you have to take this chance. It's crazy.

But it just. Might. Work.

5:08 AM, November 30, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home